|Help Support Our Efforts!|
Please help support our communities today by making an online contribution. We are a 100% volunteer organization.
Dear Supporter,As we are sure you have heard, the Supplemental Environmental Assessment is out. And, as expected, there is still "No significant impact" to twice as many flights as originally studied. The "death by a thousand cuts" is underway. The FAA and County have this set up to allow incremental growth over time with the predictable finding of "no significant impacts" each time. The FAA/County approach circumvents law and policy and we need to point that out...again! Remember, we can demand ALL direct AND indirect costs including ALL mitigation measures for ALL impacts need to be paid by Propeller. If they don't pay, WE pay!
We are still developing comments for this Supplemental and will share key bullet points to assist those submitting written and/or verbal comments at the limited single public meeting. It is amazing that so many other projects get a full blown publicly scoped comprehensive Environmental Impact Statement while transitioning Paine Field to a scheduled service airport gets a streamlined assessment designed for no significant impact determinations - this is a favorite tool of the FAA.
Here is the link to the extensive comments SOC provided in 2012 which are still relevant given that this Supplemental EA refers to and adopts findings from that outdated and limited scope EA conducted in 2009 (FAA approved it just under the deadline in 2012).
You can submit written comments as well attend the Public Hearing October 29th. We hope to see you there to let the FAA know what we think of them shifting the burden of subsidizing commercial airlines flying out of Paine Field to you, the taxpayers.
Written comments will be accepted through Nov. 2, 2018.
- Public Information Workshop/Public Hearing will be held on Oct. 29, 2018 at the Lynnwood Convention Center, at 3711 196th St SW, Lynnwood, WA 98036, from 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM.
- The public can attend the workshop at any time between 5:30 PM and 6:30 PM to review information related to the Draft Supplemental EA and speak with the Study Team.
- At 6:30 p.m., a brief presentation will be made at the start of the Public Hearing; attendees can sign up to speak to enter their comments verbally into the record at the Public Hearing until 8:30 PM (limited to two hours by design). It will NOT include answering questions posed by members of the public.
All written comments may be provided at the Public Information Workshop/Public Hearing or submitted to the following address through Nov. 2, 2018:
Environmental Science Associates
Paine Field Supplemental EA
5309 Shilshole Ave NW, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98107
The Draft Supplemental EA has been made available for public review and comment from Sept. 29, 2018 through Nov. 2, 2018. Copies of the Draft Supplemental EA are available for review at the following locations:
- Paine Field Administrative Office - 3220 100th St. SW, Suite A; Everett, WA 98204
- Mukilteo Library - 4675 Harbour Pointe Blvd, Mukilteo, WA 98275
- Everett Public Library - 2702 Hoyt Ave, Everett, WA 98201
- Lynnwood Library - 19200 44th Ave W, Lynnwood, WA 98036
Save Our Communities