|Help Support Our Efforts!|
Please help support our communities today by making an online contribution. We are a 100% volunteer organization.
Dear Supporter,First, a big thank you to all who attended the Public Hearing held last Monday. Great turnout with great points made!
There is still time to submit written comments, but tomorrow, November 2nd is the deadline.
Here are some suggestions:
Written comments may be submitted to PaineField@esassoc.com or to the following address, postmarked by midnight Nov. 2, 2018:
- Form your points into questions to force them to answer.
- Why wasn't a more comprehensive EIS conducted given the magnitude of this change (they conducted a streamlined Environmental Assessment and a Supplemental without any public input on the scope of study)
- Why only hold one public hearing when so many less impactful projects today hold multiple public hearings to ensure public input?
- What criteria defines what a significant impact is? It is obvious to the majority of impacted citizens that starting scheduled commercial service at Paine Field (or any airport) will produce many impacts that will grow as scheduled service grows.
- What assurances are there that the cumulative impacts of all scheduled service will be assessed with any increase in operations?
- Why wasn't the effect on home values studied?
- What is the mechanism for insuring any mitigation money is actually paid?
Environmental Science Associates
Paine Field Supplemental EA
5309 Shilshole Ave NW, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98107
Thank you for your public service!
Save Our Communities